Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Promenade Your Partner


Between all that lounging around in the South of France and all the good eating and drinking in Paris, I needed to burn off a few wedges of cheese! During my trip in 2009, on the way to meet friends at Le Baron Rouge in the 12th, I spotted a funny old raised train platform with various flowers and greenery. Forest told me it was the Promenade Plantee and I told her I wanted to check it out one year. Viola!
IMG_5710
The walk is just under 3 miles and almost spans the entire 12th. There is so much to look at! Like this building with the (many) reproductions of Michelangelo's "The Slave".
IMG_5714
Most of it is on this viaduct but at other parts you drop down to the ground and walk a bit past businesses and shops. The assortment of plants are super pretty and there's even a big bamboo grove.
IMG_5707
It takes you past, over and through interesting buildings, neighborhoods, tunnels and a larger park. It's a great stroll, especially if you have a couple of nice meals you are working off!
IMG_5708
Paris pics

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

36 Hours in Mexico City

Trip date: October 2023 This trip was all about finally getting to Oaxaca with my friend Aaron, but as I had to fly through Mexico City to d...

Popular Posts